Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Serendipity

Yesterday afternoon, I was taking a walk outside in order to clear my thoughts. I had just finished a two hour final for my Japanese pop culture class. I wasn't in the best of moods and I was hoping that this walk would help brighten me up. I ended up at the beach near my dorm and sat on a log while I listened to music. Staring off into the ocean, I noticed a little head pop out from the shore. At first, I thought it was a dog since many people walk their dogs around that area, but after a few seconds, I realized what it was. I sat there, not knowing if I should go up to it or not.

About five minutes later, a group of three people arrived at the beach and immediately saw it. They walked towards it and took pictures of it. One would think that it would get scared and run away, but it didn't. It just sat there. A couple who was walking on the beach joined the group and everyone just stared at it.

After a while, everyone left it alone and I couldn't see its head anymore. I thought that it had left, but suddenly its head popped out again. I decided to finally walk over to it so that I could take a picture. As I approached, it stared at me. It didn't move or anything. It just stared. I pulled out my phone and took a few pictures of it. It was kind of funny because as I took pictures, it pointed its nose towards the sky and closed its eyes as if it were posing. After a few minutes, I decided to leave it alone and let it sunbathe in privacy.


This really brightened up my day.

2 comments:

  1. que legal continue escrevendo. Muito bem , gostei. Muito legal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup! best things happen when you least expect it

    ReplyDelete