Saturday, May 2, 2009

TGIF

I usually don't have anything to do on Fridays since I only have 2 classes and I am done by 12noon. After my classes are over, I usually get lunch with Emi and then hang around in the dorms like a hermit. >__<

These past Fridays have been pretty busy. Last Friday, I painted and went to see Cascada with my friends. Today (well, yesterday technically speaking), since Emi was pretty much working all day, I hung out with Trang. We went to watch the Queer Wedding that is held on the last day of Pride Week and watched a lot of people "marry" each other. It was pretty fun.

Afterwards, Trang and I went to Precious Slut, which is a tattoo shop in I.V., so Trang could get her nose ring. I asked the guy at the counter about white ink tattoos, but he told me that I had to talk to one of the tattoo artists. I didn't get a chance to talk to any of the artists since Trang had to go to class at 2pm. :( Her nose ring is pretty cool, though. It makes me want to get my nose pierced. :P

I hung out in my room for a bit and attempted to do some homework. I ended up procrastinating, as usual. Trang called me later on and we went to Trader Joe's with Skyler and his friend, Sam. I ended up buying a lot of mochi and snacks since I really need to use up my meals at the dining commons. >__<

When we got back, we hurriedly put our groceries away and drove over to the annual drag queen show. None of us were expecting a lot of people to attend, but Campbell Hall (which is the biggest lecture hall on campus and seats approximately 800 people) was filled. Emi told me that they had to turn a lot of people away because there weren't enough seats.

Anyway, the show was sooo fun. It was the first time that I'd been at a drag queen show, so I didn't know what to expect. The drag queens were from the 801 Cabaret in Key West and they perform in UCSB every year at the end of Pride Week. There were four drag queens and they were all fabulous. I'm too lazy to upload pictures right now, so expect to see them sometime this weekend.

My favorite drag queen was "Ms. Sushi." She was tall, thin, and absolutely fabulous. She was the one who looked the most feminine, but you could still tell that she was a man. :P The show consisted of a lot of dancing, "singing", dollar bills being tucked into the queens' lingerie, male audience members being undressed on stage, and even full-on nudity. One of the drag queens (whose name I've forgotten) took off all of her clothes and danced around on stage with her pee-pee exposed for all to see. It was interesting. There were also two performances by UCSB students, one of which was based on Britney Spears. The show ended with one of the drag queens singing a song about what a man is as she took off her makeup, put on men's clothing, and showed her true, biological self.

I really enjoyed the show despite the fact that the guy sitting next to me fell asleep and was practically laying his head on my arm. We tried to wake him up, but he wouldn't budge. Don't worry-- he wasn't dead. He was snoring. :P I wish that I'd gone to last Sunday's student-produced drag show, but I had to study for a midterm. They had a Lady Gaga performance. :(

Anyway, this weekend is going to be pretty busy. We're going to Manzanita Village/San Raf's annual Farside Festival which is like a little carnival. There is going to be food, games (a dunk tank!), inflatables (like a moon bounce, a sumo wrestling thing, and an inflated obstacle course), and a bunch of other things. After that, we are going to go Pilipino Culture Night, which should be really fun! I'm not sure if I want to go to the PCN After Party, though.

Okay, I think I should go to sleep. Busy day ahead of me. See you latahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment